Lately when i bend over a musle right under my

Patient : Lately when i bend over a musle right under my right rib cage strains,streches and ihave to lean way back and hope it stops. Hurts bad there for while after
Doctor :   Thank you for choosing Ask The Doctor. I think that you have a muscle strain. You can try doing RICE to help you to r ecover the muscle from the strain. RICE is: Rest - rest the muscles in the rib and do not exercise them often. Avoid any strain on it Ice the muscle area for 15 mins every hour few times a day Compress of massage the muscle area Sleep by raising the foot end of the bed to allow blood flow to the heart. Hope this helps you.