Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lately when i bend over a musle right under my

Lately when i bend over a musle right under my

Patient: Lately when i bend over a musle right under my right rib cage strains,streches and ihave to lean way back and hope it stops. Hurts bad there for while after

Doctor: Thank you for choosing Ask The Doctor.I think that you have a muscle strain. You can try doing RICE to help you to r ecover the muscle from the strain. RICE is:Rest – rest the muscles in the rib and do not exercise them often. Avoid any strain on itIce the muscle area for 15 mins every hour few times a dayCompress of massage the muscle areaSleep by raising the foot end of the bed to allow blood flow to the heart.Hope this helps you.