Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lately when me and my husband have sex it hurt

Lately when me and my husband have sex it hurt

Patient: Lately when me and my husband have sex it hurt. And after he pulled out i was bleeding alot, and started getting pain in my abdominal. Is it something Bad?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Bleeding after intercourse is abnormal. One episode is considered acceptable as it co uld be due to rigorous intercourse leading to break in capillaries. If bleeding happens repeatedly soon after intercourse, it may mean an unhealthy cervix. You must consult the gynecologist for an examination and investigations like a pap smear to rule out infection, inflammation and carcinoma of the cervix and get it treated accordingly. Pelvic inflammatory disease also to be ruled out.Hope this was helpful.Regards