Lateral Knee Pain

Patient

Q: Was playing soccer last week, and all of the sudden the lateral side of my left knee started hurting. Did not hear a pop or feel one either. I think it may have come from shooting the ball or planting but am not sure. The knee is not swollen and I can squat and walk fine, even squatting on the one leg. The pain comes when I straighten the leg and flex or when I have been sitting for a while it gets stiff. Sometimes there is a clicking noise but its about 20% of the time usually located more towards patella. I am in Germany and that is why I have not seen a Doctor yet. Can you possibly help as to what you think it might be? Meniscus sprain, IT irritation, tendentious or hopefully not a tear.

Symptoms:  pain when straightening full extension only. No swelling, sometimes a clicking
Doctor