Lateral menicus tear sugery

Patient

Q: 1 year ago i tore my lateral meniscus like an bucket handle and haven't got any surgeries becuase my doctor told me I did not have to get it.
22nd of november 2014 i tore it again. reopening the wound. and now its been around 3 weeks since the acciddent. and around 1 week ago i got an inflammation in the knee and my knee got bruised and swollen right away. i still walk with an limp and that really hurts. I can bend the leb around 90 degress but not more. I can have my leg almost 100% straight now but still not walk normally without a limp. But the doctors said i did not need a surgery.
I got to physical therapy twice a week. im a girl. 16 years old.
They said that i have 73/ risk to not recover 100% and never be able to run again.

Is there anything else i should know about an lateral tear for the second time?
Healing time?
should i get an surgery?

Symptoms:  Swellness, pain, locking
Doctor