Lateral meniscus of the knee

Patient : What should be the treatment of Grade 3 tear in posterior horn of lateral meniscus
Symptoms:  Pain in the knee
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. A tear in the lateral meniscus of the knee is a common cause of knee pain. The meniscus is a C-shaped cartilage that may get torn during exercise. It can tear due to trauma and wear and tear as well. The treatment of a meniscus tear is by arthroscopy. This is a surgery of the knee joint done by inserting a small tube into the space in the knee. The surgery can involve either repair of the torn part or its removal based on the extent of the tear. Hope this helps you. All the best.