Laxatives and Dieting for Weight Loss

Q: I am looking to lose weight and get more toned. I just want to get some information about two things, laxatives and my diet.
1) I have heard about bodybuilders, wrestlers and others who want to lose weight and look better to use laxatives. I just want to get more information on the positives, negatives, and whether it is a safe application of laxatives.
2) I am trying to make sure that I am eating correctly to lose weight. I eat a regular amount of everything on the food pyramid. I aim to eat about 160-180 g of protein, 250-325 g of carbs, and about 50-65 g of fats. I eat plenty of fruits, grains, dairy, etc. What do you think?