Left arm pain and Iron Deficiency Anemia

Patient : Hi I'm a 14 yr old girl and i have iron deficiency anemia. I stopped taking iron pills about 1 yr ago. I havent been taking any medications. Now i have constant pain in my left arm. I dont know if it has anything to with my anemia. Does it?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine whether your left arm pain is caused by your history of iron d eficiency anemia. Other types of anemia, such as sickle cell anemia are directly associated with joint pain. Your joint pain could be due to a musculoskeletal problem unrelated to your anemia. We recommend that you have your arm examined by your physician as well as have your anemia reassessed since it is has been a year since you stopped iron supplementation. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com