Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Left arm pain, could this be heart related?

Left arm pain, could this be heart related?

Patient: I had my regular checkup last year and there were no indications of high BP or high cholesterol. Now I have pain in my left arm from the past 4 days. Could this be heart related?

Symptoms: Pain in the left arm which started with pain in the elbow area

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to ask the doctor.There are following possibilities for your symptoms:1) Muscular pain2) Cervica l pain3) Heart related painI will advise you following investigations:1 ) Chest x ray2) x ray cervical spine3) ECGIf it is muscular pain, you may apply Diclofenac gel and do hot fomentation.If its pain due cervical nerve compression, then physiotherapy and pain killers will be helpful along with hot fomentation.If it is heart related, further investigations will be done like ECHO and TMT.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.