Left finger blood clot

Q: Last night, I was playing with my 9 month old twin boys by banging my hands on the table singing a song.
All of the sudden, my left index finger, right in the middle joint of the finger, i felt pressure, and it was hurting, felt it was going to explode. It was slightly swallen.
Today, one day later, I was drinking some iced tea, and the finger went numb on the side where i felt the pain last night. Then I looked at it, and it looked purpleish. About 30 minutes later, the numbness went away. It doesn't really hurt, just a little sensitive. What could it be?

Symptoms:  Left index finger goes numb when holding cold stuff, looks a little purple.