September 22, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Left hip to foot pain

Left hip to foot pain

Patient: HelloIve had this feeling on the left side of my legs, from my hip area down to my foot. It worsens only when i lay on my bed, even if I don’t lay on my left side. Its not necessarily a painful sensation, more like a tingly, sometimes numb, throbbing pain in my calf area. Its not swollen compared to my right legs. This has been going on for about two weeks now, I have tried massaging with vapor rub and also ice, but it only cools it down for some minutes.Thank you

Symptoms: Throbbing calf, tingling, discomfort.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having sciatica. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in pain relief. Mecobalamin can be Helpful. You can get your vitamin D test, if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3 and MRI lumbar spine to further investigate the cause.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.