Left leg Knee pain, Possible something serious

Q: Hello, I have had a knee injury about 8 months ago. I hyper extended the knee and slammed the ground on the patella causing Redness and swelling in the knee. I went to the local ER and had a Xray done of the knee. It showed no breaks (I assume Bone). The Doc sent me home saying all was fine. I have had Pain from time to time with my knee from that day. However the other day at work I slipped on wet floors and my pain is back ten times stronger. The Pain is in the left leg, Mainly in the back of the knee and outside of knee. I feel these pains all the time. However when standing or Straightening the leg I get a shape pain from my butt cheek all the way to my ankle all on the outside of the knee. I have also got a pocket of fluid that builds up on the back side of the knee when standing. I also have pain in my muscles of the leg but I Think that is do to the lip I have gained. Any advice would help.

Symptoms:  Left leg, Pain in Knee(back and Outside) while standing pain shoots from butt cheek to ankle. Fluid build up in back of knee.