Left shoulder pain getting worse

Patient

Q: I have scoliosis and lean to my right most of the time. I am also a hair dresser. I have osteoperosis in my neck which just began. I have a very sharp pain under my right shoulder blade and it feels like a pulling of some sort when I put my head down or turn it to the left. I am 47 and have hep c and have been clean and in recovery for 7yrs. I don't want pain meds so I stay away from Dr's unless it's really bad. Nothing seems to help. It is worse when I lay down. There is also a tingling feeling below my shoulder blade around middle of my spine where the curve is. I smoke but do not have a couch. I thought of Gallbladder but no other symptoms. I'm open to suggestions.

Doctor

A:   I believe you may have strained your muscle beneath the shoulder blade. Mild strains don't show up right away, but slowly you feel like a crick in your neck and some shoulder discomfort that slowly gets worse.I suggest that you should stop doing any activity that continues to irritate the muscle, so that the shoulder can get some time to heal. Some anti inflammatory and muscle rexant medications would help, if you are willing to try some medicines by visiting your doctor. Also you could use hot compresses for pain relief. You may want to visit a physiotherapist for some stretching exercises and other therapy options that would help you feel better sooner.

I believe you may have strained your muscle beneath the shoulder blade. Mild strains don't show up right away, but slowly you feel like a crick in your neck and some shoulder discomfort that slowly gets worse.I suggest that you should stop doing any activity that continues to irritate the muscle, so that the shoulder can get some time to heal. Some anti inflammatory and muscle rexant medications would help, if you are willing to try some medicines by visiting your doctor. Also you could use hot compresses for pain relief. You may want to visit a physiotherapist for some stretching exercises and other therapy options that would help you feel better sooner.