Left Shoulder Pain when lifting trap muscle

Patient: I am having a left shoulder pain since a month… I went to Physiotherapist they said its tendonitis… after a while the pain went away and its paining now again so what can i do… the pain caused while i was in gym doing dips for chest…

Symptoms: Pain when i lift my trapezeus muscle in my shoulder and whenever i lift weight in my left pain its pain too much

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,Tendons are thick cords that join your muscles to your bones. When these tendons bec ome irritated or inflamed, it is called tendinitis. This condition causes acute pain and tenderness, making it difficult to move the affected joint. Tendinitis can be a result of an injury, repetitive movement, aging, or disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis. Treatment options for tendinitis seek to reduce pain and inflammation in the tendon.Some basic home remedies include:-resting or elevating the tendon, as advised by your Doctor-applying cold or heat-taking medications, such as pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and acetaminophen-wrapping the area in a compression bandage until the swelling goes away-doing stretching and straightening exercises to build strength in the area.If you begin to feel the pain of tendinitis, stop the activity you are performing. Take a 20-minute break to apply ice and rest.If the problem continues, talk to your Doctor. I hope this will help you. Get well soon.