Left sided abdominal pain in 27 week pregnant lady

Patient : I have been having some lower abdominal pain and a stabbing pain on the left side, I know about round ligament pain but could that still be it. It has been bugging me for 4 days in a row now. I am 27 weeks pregnany. This is my 2nd pregnancy
Doctor :   I understand your concern about abdominal pain during pregnancy. Most cause of pain during third trimester before labor is due to physiologic changes of the growing uterus. I would however recommend that you see your doctor if the pain frequency or severity increases. It is important to rule out pain from serious causes such as preterm labour, placental abruption, preeclampsia and urinary tract infection.