Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Leg discomfort possibly due to varicose veins

Leg discomfort possibly due to varicose veins

Patient: My right calf is numbing and vibrating and very sore. it s very bothersom and i’m worried that it could lead to a blood clot or something. i do have a vericose vein on that calf and wondering if its cuseing the numbness and pulsing vibration feeling i have.

Doctor: Yes, the varicose veins may  produce vascular symptoms in the legs as you described in order to determine vascular probl lems in the legs I recommend that you get a consultation with a Vascular Surgeon in order to determine the cause of your pain, you should tell your doctor what you are feeling, if you are taking contraceptive pills, if you are a smoker or if you have family history of blood clots,  because you might need a more comprehensive cardiovascular evaluation.