Leg pain below the knees in the shins.

Patient : I go to bed at night fine but whenever I wake my legs pain allday long they are fine and as soon as I get up in the morning it goes away i am worried about blood clots but my doctor said that I dont even though he didnt do any testing only felt my leg and got me to stand on the tip of my toes and then on my heels it still concerns me cause I know its not normal could you help me please thank you
Doctor :   You have previous history of heart problems receiving treatment and if you also are a smoker and/or diabetic, then, PAD (peripheral artery disease) definitely must be rule out. On the other hand, it is important rule out knee issues as for example meniscus problems, patello femoral syndrome and neurological causes of your symptoms due to a lumbar nerve compression. Your doctor may recommend ways that you can reduce your risk factors for atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease. Not all risk factors can be changed, but most can be reduced. Also he will order the imaging studies (MRI) to rule out a possible nerve compression in the spine and/or knee problems.