Leg with Dull Ache and Swelling

Patient : I'm a 22 year old female. I am not overweight and I don't have any current or past health issues. My leg started aching on and off about two months ago. I would notice it at night when I was watching TV in bed. The past week it has been pretty much constant, but still the worst at night. It is a dull ache on my lower right leg, upper calf. It almost feels like a growing pain. It is not painful but it's becoming more and more noticeable. I don't exercise besides walking to and from the train station each day, so probably 30 minutes total per day, nothing strenuous. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said the leg felt slightly bigger than my other one, so he sent for a ultrasound to check for DVT. That was negative. I have a follow-up appointment in two weeks and they said if there's no improvement by then, they'll send me to an orthopedic specialist. What orthopedic issues could be causing me to have this pain?
Symptoms:  Dull ache and minor swelling on my lower right leg.