COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The term "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual.
We may collect personal information when you:
- register for an account with ATD (the "ATD Account");
- ask a question, search for answers, or otherwise use the Website; or
- contact us with a comment, question or complaint.
Registering for a ATD Account
When you visit the Website for the first time, you will be asked to register for an ATD Account. We collect personal information including your name, email address, gender, and age range for the purposes of administering your account.
ATD enables you to locate general medical information by asking a question or searching for previously answered questions. When you ask a question about a medical condition through the Website, we collect and use the information you include in your question—including any information about a medical condition that you may be asking about—for the purposes connecting you with someone who can help answer your question or direct to you additional resources that may be of assistance. When you search for medical information through the Website, we collect and use your search terms for the purposes of locating relevant information to present for your review.
When you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name or email address) along with additional information we need to help us confirm your identity (if necessary), and to promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information, without your consent, except as otherwise set out herein.
Questions that you ask
When you ask a question through the Website, we may disclose your question, name, gender, and age group to a medical professional for the purposes of enabling the medical professional to review your question, general information about you , and answer your question or direct you to additional resources. We do not disclose your e-mail address to the medical professional, and the medical professional is not authorized to use any personal information that you may include in your question for purposes other than answering your question through the Website.
Service Provider Arrangements
We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to our affiliates, partners and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host the Website or send communications on our behalf.
Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our affiliates and other third party service providers in the U.S.
Sale of Business
We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of the Website or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
ATD, our affiliates and our Canadian, US and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
When you use the Website, we collect information about your interaction with the Website, such as what features you use. We also collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We collect and use this information for the purposes of helping us understand how our users use the Website.
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
Third party links
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. To request access, updating or correction of inaccuracies in your personal information that we have in our custody or control, you can use the Website to review and correct your personal information, or you can email or write to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Contacting our Privacy Officer
Home » Legal Information » Terms of Service
Terms of Service:
IMPORTANT – NO ADVICE
The material and information available on this Website is intended for informational purposes only, and does not constitute health or other advice nor should it replace consultations with qualified medical or other relevant professionals in your jurisdiction. Please consult a health care professional or other advisor for specific recommendations about your condition. In addition, the information made available on this Website changes rapidly and therefore, some of the information may be out of date. You agree to bear all risk associated with the use of or reliance on any such information, and release and hold ATD harmless from cause of action that may arise in connection with your reliance on information contained in this Website.
OWNERSHIP / RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The Website is owned and provided by ATD. You are granted a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Website on computers, smartphones or other mobile devices that you own or control. ATD can terminate this license at any time and with or without any reason. The Website's layout, content, graphics, photographs, images, audio, video, processes, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other information including, without limitation, the "look and feel" of the Website (collectively, the "Content") contained in the Website are proprietary to ATD, its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. The Content is protected by Canadian, United States and international copyright and trademark laws, and you may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Content.
In order to use the Website, you must register for an account with ATD (the "ATD Account"). You represent and warrant that the registration and ATD Account-related information you provide is accurate and will be kept up-to-date. You alone are responsible for any and all activity that occurs in the Website through your ATD Account, and you agree to immediately notify us upon becoming aware of any unauthorized use of your ATD Account or any other breach of security related to the Website.
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Website;
- modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Website;
- access or use the Website in order to build a similar or competitive product or service;
- remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained in the Website;
- use the Website to upload or distribute any (or any links to) computer viruses, worms, malicious code or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data;
- disrupt, disable, overly burden, impair or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Website or the servers or networks connected to the Website, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such servers and networks;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or other computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means;
- use the Website to harvest or otherwise collect or store any information for purposes other than those designed and implemented by ATD;
- interfere with another User's use and enjoyment of the Website;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or express or imply that we endorse you, your website, your business or any statement you make, or present false information about ATD or the Website; or
- use the Website to upload or share any content that:
- infringes any patent, trade-mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or privacy rights of any party;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; or
- violates any law, regulation or contractual obligations.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any content that you upload to the Website. We may remove any content that violates the Code of Conduct, and suspend or terminate your ATD Account at any time for any reason in our sole discretion with or without notice to you.
DISCLAIMER / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
CHANGES AND TERMINATION
"Ask the Doctor", its stethoscope logo, and "ATD" are trademarks of ATD. Other marks, graphics, typefaces, trademarks and logos appearing on the Website are trademarks or trade dress of ATD or its licensors. All other trademarks appearing on the Website are the property of their respective owners. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in any manner for any purpose without our express written consent.