Less Coffee Means Less Calories

Patient

Q: Would you lose weight if you were drinking 12 cups a coffee a day then cut down to 3 a day drinking thank you very much.

Doctor

A:   Weight loss can be a very confusing subject.  An Internet search will reveal many quick fixes and secret food to eat or avoid.  The truth is, the principles of weight loss have not changed in over 100 years.  To loose weight you have to intake less calories than your body needs.  You can also use more calories than you intake by exercising.  The best results are when you combine dietary control and exercise.
Drinking 9 less cups of coffee per day would certainly decrease your caloric intake.  If your cups of coffee contain sugar and cream, it would be a substantial decrease in calories.
Aside from the benefits of weight loss, 12 cups of coffee carries significant health risks and should be reduced regardless.