x
154 Physicians Online

Question:

Levlen ED and a condom effectiveness?

I am a 16 year old female and have just been put on levlen ed with my mother's consent after losing my virginity. while i am in a steady relationship and my family is aware i am sexually active, a pregnancy could not come at a worse time for me. my boyfriend and i will always use condoms in addition to the contraceptive pill, but i have done my research and found the levlen ed is one of the least reliable forms of the pill. if i am on levlen and using condoms, how likely is pregnancy?

Answer:

Though there is no such thing as 100% protection, Leven ED (Levonorgestrel 150mcg and Ethinylestradiol 30mcg), is a very effective contraceptive pill if taken correctly. It can be 99% effective  in preventing pregnancy and coupled with condoms pregnancy is very unlikely. I hope this answers your question, I wish you well, take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA