LEVLEN ED AND DOXYCYCLINE MIX?

Patient : Hi there! I've been on the birth control pill, Levlen ED for a little over a week now and for the passed 2 years I have been on Doxycycline to treat hormonal acne break outs. I have two questions. Am I able to take both pills without them effecting one another? And recently I have broken out terribly since being on the pill, will this subside as my body adjusts?
Symptoms:  Acne, nausea, cramping
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. Here are the answers to your question- - No, you cannot take doxycycline and Levelen ED together because doxycycline is a drug of the tetracycline group and it may decrease the effectiveness of pills and may cause breakthrough bleeding and pregnancy. -Yes, the symptoms can be due to hormonal imbalance and subside with time. Hope it was useful. Regards