Lifting injury caused swollen shoulder and upper arm, result

Patient : Lifting injury caused swollen shoulder and upper arm, resulting in upper outer arm bruising and weakness. Limited usage of left arm. Sometimes I can stretch and lift the arm up. Other times it freezes and I can't move it. Night throbbing. Heat causes stiffness and cold does nothing. When I am sedentary, the arm is better. It has been 10 days since the injury. I am left handed, so it gets dominate usage. Also, I am a very active person. Thank you for your assistance.