Lifting pain

Patient : My girlfriend hurt her neck today at work, when she assisted a person get out of a pool. The person weighed much more then she did, and had to support her weight for a time. she feels like she pulled some muscles in the neck and upper spine near her shoulder blades, her right arm is weak and she has trouble finding a comfortable position to sit or lay in. She is curious to know if she should go to Emerg
Symptoms:  Pain and stiffness in upper spine and shoulder area going up and into the neck