Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Light brown discharge

Light brown discharge

Patient: I am 14 weeks 1 day pregnant. Today I noticed a very minimal light brown discharge. It seemed to have stopped as of tonight. I have no cramping. Should I be concerned?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of spotting in your case are increased bl ood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels etc.Usually minimal spotting with these type of causes will subside soon.If spotting persists and pain abdomen occurs better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.Take care.