Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Light brown skin spots shows up more in the heat

Light brown skin spots shows up more in the heat

Patient: Light brown skin spots shows up more in the heat

Light brown skin spots show...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per de tails, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called pityriasis versicolor of hyperpigmented variety.It is caused by Malasezzia furfur which is a fungus normally found on our skin.It gets easily precipitated in hot humid weather.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical clotrimazole and oral antifungals like fluconazole .Visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy