Light Brown Spotting During Ovulation

Q: Hi, So I know I probably just need to wait and see what happens then test if necessary, but I had a little bit of light brown spotting throughout the day yesterday (a week before my period is due) then nothing at all today and I was wondering if, based on the timing, this is most likely implantation bleeding? (I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend). Sometimes I spot right before my period but never this early, I've never spotted during ovulation and I'm pretty sure it's too late for that now anyway, I don't have any STDs so it's not that and I am not in any kind of discomfort so I don't think it's an infection. What are other possible causes? Thanks!

Symptoms:  light brown spotting for one day a week before period is due