Light knee pain when I kneel.

Patient

Q: Having knee pain when kneeling(yoga) or after prolonged standing. pain location is just above knee cap.

Symptoms:  Knee pain when I kneel during yoga. Have been doing yoga for 1 year. discomfort has started in last 2 months.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that have developed patellar tendonitis. This is a common strain and inflammation of the patellar tendon which can occur in strenuous physical activity of the knee joint. Since this has been going on for about 2 months now, it is important that you refrain from strenuous activity and have your doctor examine your knee joint. You may need to take some time away form yoga in order to allow adequate healing of your knee joint. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com