Light Period, am I Pregnant??

Patient : I have been on the pill for 5 months now and just had a lighter period than normal. It was about a quarter of what it normally is on the pill. Does this mean that I am pregnent?
Doctor :   Since the birth control pills are not 100% effective, pregnancy may occur, and it is also possible to have lighter perio ds for a first couple months during pregnancy. To be sure you may take a home pregnancy test or see your doctor for a blood pregnancy test for more accurate results and confirmation. However lighter periods than the usual may also occur with some other reasons like stress, anemia, improper diet, extreme exercise, weight loss etc.