Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Lighting tatto not done by choice or hit by some.

Lighting tatto not done by choice or hit by some.

Patient: What is the name of the mark that leaves a black line on things like your finger. My doctor said that it is called a lighting tattoo. What is the medical name?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Please provide us with a more detailed description on the particular mark you are talking a bout. Is this a naturally occurring phenomenon of the skin, or is it caused by an infection or injury of some sort? Based on your description we are not certain what you may be referring to. Please write us with more clarification.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com