Limited knee pain only when put pressure on it.

Patient

Q: My knee hurts very badly when I try to kneel but otherwise there is no pain or swelling.

Symptoms:  Severe pain in knee when trying to kneel.
Doctor

Thank you posting your query on ATD.
I understood that your knee hurts when you try to kneel but otherwise there is no pain or swelling.
It is important that we determine what is causing your knee pain before even starting any type of treatment.
In a person your age, osteoarthritis is very common, and it could be the reason you are experiencing pain. When the cushion in the joint is depleted, there is every chance that two bones brushing each other while you kneel and leading to severe pain.
For this, you will have to see a doctor to examine your knees.
Doctor may suggest MRI of the joint to assess whether there are any torn ligaments, inflammation, or the development of arthritis.
The more exercise the knee joint, the more you will be able to prevent pain. You may use a knee brace while walking.

Your doctor may advise you to take oral analgesic medication such as Advil, naproxen etc