Lines of Light in Vision until I consume sugar

Patient

Q: Squiggly Lines of Light in Vision until I consume sugar: Is this Hypoglycemia?

Sometimes I get squiggly lines of light in my visions that builds up and gets worse. If I m browsing the internet and try to read something, parts of the lines in a sentence are hidden, like a blind spot that is forward and not to the sides. Once I drink something that has a lot of sugar it goes away gradually after about 20 minutes. I researched the net and discovered it could be hypoglycemia of all things. I used to drink heavily for a lot of years ( but not anymore). Maybe this caused it?

My question is this, if I consume too much sugar then after a while I develop the squiggly lines of light in vision syndrome, then consume more sugar, and it goes away, is this then in fact hypoglycemia and nothing like diabetes or anything.

Also, if it is fact hypoglycemia, would it be reactive or fasting?

I also read up on aspartame in trying to find the cause of such a case and came across aspartame poisoning. Could it also be this? But how would consuming sugar alleviate the symptoms then, when aspartame is a sugar substitute?

Symptoms:  Squiggly line of light in vision, chest tightening/palpitations, shortness of breath, depression, nervousness, vertigo
Doctor