Lingering UTI Symptoms after completing antibiotic cycle

Patient

Q: If I have lingering symptoms from a UTI 8 days later after taking Cipro, what should I do?
EDIT:
I was diagnosed with a UTI on 4/12 after a sudden, severe onset. I finished a cycle of Cipro on 4/18. I still have lingering issues that have evolved from a chronic internal burning/need to urinate/ painful cramps to now more of an external burning/no cramps/ still quite uncomfortable.

I don't know if I should return to urgent care to request a different antibiotic or why after 8 days I still don't feel like I'm cured. I would greatly appreciate any advice as to whether my continued symptoms are normal or should be addressed again.

Symptoms:  Was diagnosed with a UTI on 4/12 after a sudden, severe onset. I finished a cycle of Cipro on 4/18. I still have lingering issues that have evolved from a chronic internal burning/need to urinate/ painful cramps to now more of an external burning/no cramps/ still quite uncomfortable.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
If you have been treated with ciprofloxacin for week for UTI and still experiencing burning micturition and uncomfortability while urination and low back ache , then it is likely that you still have infection left untreated and you may require a continued course of another antibiotic. You may consider combination of tab norfloxacin and tab tinidazole ( tab norflox) to be taken twice a day for next 7 days. This along with good water intake can help you relieve you off your symptoms post completion of the antibiotic course. you may consult your physician and discuss the medication and take an informed decision.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you good health,