LIpoma surgery cancelled

Q: I was seen for a lump on my shoulder- between the neck and shoulder cuff. My MD was confident it was a lipoma and scheduled surgery to have it remove due to sharp shooting pain when palpitated and numbness in my hand. I can move, twist, lift with no pain or complications, only if something touches the lump. The day of surgery the surgeon states he would like a CT prior to surgery. Following CT - he ordered 700 mg lidocain patch and an appointment with Chiropractor - who agrees it doesn't appear to be a spine, or disk issue as he was easily able to manipulate my neck and arm without pain. Today I received a call saying CT was normal so he ordered flexural for muscle relaxation. Pills and Patches to mask symptoms is not going to treat the underlying issue ... So what do I do now? go back to my primary MD, see someone else for a 2nd opinion? Help

Symptoms:  Lump in left shoulder area- between my neck and shoulder.
Sever pain upon palpitation
numbness and tingling in arm and hand