Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Liquefaction of sperms

Liquefaction of sperms

Patient: Hi,I’m 31 year old and I did semen analyses. Wife and I are trying to have baby for two years but we are not succeeding. Can you tell me what do you think about result and what I need to do about it? Best regards!My semen analyses is:volume: 7.3 mlph: 7.9concentration of sperm: 116 x10(6) /mlnumber of sperm in the semen: 847 x10(6) /vliquefaction: abnormalvitality: 55 L %motility: 50 %a) 41 %b) 7 %c) 2 %d) 50 %leukocytes 0-1morphologya) normal forms: 35%b) pathological forms of head: 58%c) pathological forms of medium body: 7%d) pathological forms of the tail: 0zinc: 0.4 L mmol/lfructose: 8.4 mmol/lcitrates: 6.1 L mmol/l

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your seminal analysis viscosity is abnormal an d abnormal forms are more in number.Increased seminal viscosity can prevent the motility of spermatozoa. The possible causes of high viscosity are poor functioning of the prostate gland or poor functioning of the seminal vesicles, infections etc.Abnormal forms can be seen in structural abnormalities like varicocele.Seminal culture and transrectal ultrasound can give some idea regarding your problem.So, please consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.