Liquid Vitamin B complex

Q: Hallo, what is the right dose of liquid vitamin B complex, i got it in 2ml ampules. Every week or one time every month?

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

A vitamin B complex supplement typically contains riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, niacin, biotin, thiamin, vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-12. All the B vitamins are water-soluble, which means excess amounts are excreted through your urine and not stored in the body. But it is not good to consume high amount of vitamins. Most healthy adult men and women should consume approximately 2.4 mcg of vitamin B-12, 1.3 mg of vitamin B-6, 400 mcg of folate, 5 mg of pantothenic acid and 30 mcg of biotin. Men need 16 mg of niacin, 1.2 mg of thiamin and 1.3 mg of riboflavin, while women should have 14 mg of niacin, 1.1 mg of thiamin and 1.1 mg of riboflavin. Pregnant and nursing women should check with their Doctor since they will require more of each nutrient.