LIVER ENZYMES TEST AND CHOLESTROL

Patient

Q: HELLO, I AMDE TEST FOR TERM INSURANCE BUT MY POLICY WAS REJECTED ON FOLLOWING GROUNDS: MY TEST WERE SGPT 140, SGOT 71, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 249, MY SONOGRAPHY OF LIVER CAME NORMAL, WHAT CAN BE THE REASON THE? PL SUGGEST

Symptoms:  NO SYMPTOMS
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Yes, your liver enzymes are raised which requires evaluation of the cause.
Most common causes of such liver derangement are Alcohol, Viral hepatitis, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Drugs.
In case you are taking any medicine for Cholesterol then it might be responsible for this derangement.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HBsAg for Hepatitis B.
2. Anti-HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C.
In case you are taking Any medicine for cholesterol this would require reconsideration.
In case you consume Alcohol, you have to quit it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy