Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > LIVER ENZYMES TEST AND CHOLESTROL

LIVER ENZYMES TEST AND CHOLESTROL

Patient: HELLO, I AMDE TEST FOR TERM INSURANCE BUT MY POLICY WAS REJECTED ON FOLLOWING GROUNDS: MY TEST WERE SGPT 140, SGOT 71, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 249, MY SONOGRAPHY OF LIVER CAME NORMAL, WHAT CAN BE THE REASON THE? PL SUGGEST

Symptoms: NO SYMPTOMS

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.Yes, your liver enzymes are raised which requires evaluation of the cause.Most co mmon causes of such liver derangement are Alcohol, Viral hepatitis, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Drugs.In case you are taking any medicine for Cholesterol then it might be responsible for this derangement.I would advise you to get following investigations done:1. HBsAg for Hepatitis B.2. Anti-HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C.In case you are taking Any medicine for cholesterol this would require reconsideration.In case you consume Alcohol, you have to quit it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy