Liver injury suspect

Patient

Q: My lab result says high flag for alkaline phosphatas (128) and ALT (60) , remaining all normal , please give your suggestions doctor , i feel anxiety

Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
Yes, your ALP level is slightly high as well as your ALT. It is just mildly elevated, so there is nothing alarming. Please do not worry or be anxious.

Very high levels of ALP can be caused by liver problems, such as hepatitis, blockage of the bile ducts (obstructive jaundice), gallstones, cirrhosis, liver cancer, or cancer that has spread (metastasized) to the liver from another part of the body.

So this requires further detailed investigation. If you consume alcohol regularly, then the levels can be secondary to alcohol consumption. Hepatitis will also present with elevated levels and there will be associated symptoms such as loss of appetite, fever, jaundice, e.t.c

I will advise you to get a CT SCAN of the abdomen done, as well as get the hepatitis panel tested ( A, B, C and E ). Both IgG and IgM antibodies need to be tested, IgM indicates a recent infection.

Kindly do not consume any more alcohol till the liver has recovered. It is only mildly elevated, so the recovery can be expected soon. You can also discuss with your physician and take Syrup. Silymarin, which hastens the liver recovery. Try to avoid spicy food, and drink plenty of water. Consume more of fruits and green vegetables like kale, spinach, broccoli, e.t.c

One again, I will assure you, the values are just mildly elevated, so they can be brought down easily. Please do not worry.

Hope this was helpful,

Regards.

Patient: Thanks for your response doctor . my current weight is 115 kg , i use to drink beer 2-3 times in a week , smokes lot at the time of drink, i have already given blood samples for hepatitis and thyroid check , thanks again for your response.
Doctor: Hello,
Thank you for your follow-up.
Yes, it does seem alcohol-related, however, the good thing is, the enzymes are only mildly deranged. You can take syrup silymarin and that will help in recovery.
Also, please reduce your weight. You can start brisk walking to your daily schedule. Walking for 30-45 minutes a day, will help in getting you in shape.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.
Patient: Thanks for the update Doctor . i am going to quit alcohol drinking and smoking.

And i will follow your suggestion to make sure everyday work out.
Doctor: Thank You!
That will ensure you stay healthy.
Please feel free to take our assistance again if required in the future.

Best Regards.
Patient: i got my test results for TSH , GLYCOHEMOGLOBIN & HEPATITIS panel (a,b &c) , all the results were came normal , doctor said everything is fine and good to go , is it enough to make sure my health is not in dangerous? please give your final suggestions doctor. Thanks in advance.
Doctor: Hello,
Yes, in that case, you have nothing to worry about.
Your health is fine.

All the best!

Regards.
Patient: Thanks doctor , for your support & suggestions.
Doctor: Thank you for your query.
Please feel free to get back to us if you need in the future.

Wish you all the best!