Liver ultrasound on alcoholic of 35 years.

Patient : I have been an alcoholic for 35 years. I recently had my liver lab work. The score was APL 246, AST was125 the ALT was 76 they said it was an F-3 They want me to stop drinking which I did, Withdrawing using Ativan. I am scheduled for a liver ultrasound. I have had no physical symptom of liver problems. I had a liver ultrasound last Feburary the test was normal. This was done when I had c/diff. How could my liver changed to an F-3 in that short period of time. I recently started taking simvastatin 40 mg daily and have been taking 2 Bayer aspirin for headache just prior to the lab work,which i know can elevate the numbers on liver tests. Lab tests for liver elevations were fine back in April. And now this. I am very afraid, hope you can tell me something encouraging.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Noted your history well and understood your concerns. Since the lab tests in April were no rmal and now they are showing increased values as you have indicated, it definitely indicate a liver problem. You have not written about Bilirubin and GGT. Please post an actual report with the normal range. F-3 + do you mean that fibroscan was performed? This denoted severe fibrosis and is surely related to alcoholism and can cause altered liver function tests. This is not cirrhosis as it is denoted as F-4. Ultrasound was done in February and was normal - It does not help in determining about fibrosis- It is Fibroscan that detects fibrosis. You are scheduled for the ultrasound. There are other reasons too for elevated liver function tests such an intestinal infection as you had C.diff in past, there can be hepatitis due to various other reasons and seen as Hepatitis A, B, or C. Also gets these done too. To know the exact position, you can get the ultrasound, fibroscan, Liver function test repeated. Since you have stopped alcohol, they may revert back to normal soon. Hepatology is a Super Specialty branch now-a-days and you certainly can take a second opinion from such a center and most detailed study along with proper management as per your reports and clinical evaluation and examination. Hopefully, by that time all the reports are reverted back to normal. I hope this answers your query and helps in decision making. Please feel free to give feedback about the whole reports, the fresh reports and feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.