Localized Fat under Belly Button

Q: Hi. i have lost 20 pounds lately but the fat just under the belly button won't go away no matter what i do. i have tried karate, kick boxing and cardio. nothing seem to work. please tell me what to do. thanks

A:   Congratulations on your weight loss.  I hope it was done through sustainable healthy life style options so that it may stay off.
Unfortunately, through genetics, some us are prone to pockets of fat deposit that we just cant get rid of no matter how good the rest of our body looks.  Common areas include the chin, breasts, abdomen, hips and thighs.
If these are troubling you and just wont go away despite all efforts, often liposuction is the best option for targeting fat pockets.  Liposuction is not advised if you have large amounts of weight to loose.