Long lasting fever, maybe some complication tend to occur?

Patient : I am 26 year old medical student. My doctor says that it virus and you should just rest and drink. My CBC and urine analysis is OK. (but I don't trust, because I'm from Ukraine and on my opinion our medicine very bad) My questions are. Could it be something else than virus, or some complication tend to occur? And maybe someone give me advice to start emperic therapy(pneumonia, pyeloneprhitis)? Thank you. And sorry for my bad English.
Symptoms:  Fever lasting 7 days, with pick of 40.4. Now plateu during 4 days 38.5.(axial)
Dry cough, malaise headache.
Sign: Murphys punch sign (kidneys)