Long term effects of Binge Drinking in early 20's

Q: Hi, I am a 21 year old Male from Melbourne, Australia and have recently been researching the long term effects of alcohol use. I'm curious as to how damaging my drinking habits are to my long term health.

I go out most saturday nights and drink excessively. During the week I rarely drink, with occasional exceptions of 1 beer here and there and it is not a habit I will continue into my late 20's. I am curious about the effects of binge drinking once a week, as most of the information I've been able to come across seems to be tailored to alcoholics and people who drink 4-5 times a week.

While you're at it, many of my friends use Ecstasy instead of considerable amounts of alcohol and I'm aware that many reports suggest MDMA is actually a safer drug than Alcohol. What are your thoughts on this?

Thankyou very much.