Long term std question

Patient

Q: I think I have the final stage of syphilis. I have had double vision for about 5 years now. I think it's due to this. If I just go get a penicillin shot, will my vision go back to normal, of that's the problem?

Symptoms:  Double vision, loss of balance
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. You have not indicated that you have been diagnosed with syphilis so we are unable to confirm that you are suffering from the effects of tertiary syphilis. Your double vision and loss of balance could be due to a neurological problem or another cause. Please follow up with your doctor for further investigation into these symptoms.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com