Loose skin after weight loss questions

Q: Is it really true that rapid weight loss can lead to more loose skin? I see everyone say that, but can't find any sort of study on the subject. In fact I recently read a article saying rapid weight loss might be best according to researchers, because its easy to get discouraged losing only 1 or 2lbs a week, but the study didnt mention excess skin at a all.

Also I am 28, turning 29 in a few months. Does age really affect how much loose skin you have? I am really worried about it. I may have to lose between 100-120lbs.