Loosing memory or the senses to understand due to insulin

Patient

Q: My grandmother has been into diabetes for more than a decade now. She is now taking insulin injections on a regular basis. And the doctors have increased the quantity of insulin per day. I have not since seen her actively moving or speaking to anyone with a spark. She barely even talks to anyone. She seems profusely confused and I don't think she recognizes anyone. It seems she has lost her senses to understand anything. She requires to be taken to the loo and all her chores are done by all but her. She is in her late 60s. She is too weak to walk and doesn't like to sit or walk or anything.

Will she ever return back to being normal,and if yes how ??

Symptoms:  Excessive drowsiness, excessive weakness, excessive of all but activeness
Doctor