Losing hair

Patient

Q: Hello,
My question is i am losing hairs not only from the top of my head but from sides and back as well , i dunn think its mpb as no one in my family is bald, what could be the reason?

Doctor

A:   Hello thanks for your query on ATD.

Male pattern baldness involve front & top of head .In some cases there is a large involved area. The area spared are sides & back. If there is complete loss of hairs in isolated area that doesn't follow any pattern , it may be Alopecia areata. Usually MPB have a history of baldness in close members of family. But in many cases you will not find any family members involved.
Better to consult a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis.

Good luck