Losing weight and Not able to Exercise in Pregnancy

Patient

Q: Hi,

I am nearly 11 weeks and for the past 11 days have been feeling awful with constant nausea, sickness at least twice a day usually more as it seems to be getting worse, and gagging and bringing up stomach acid.

Because of this the only way I'm coping is by not doing anything but lying on the sofa or bed most of the day. I find when i move its like travel sickness. I may be OK for 10-15 minutes but then am more sick later on.

Is it OK that
1. I'm not doing any activity as i know they recommend some form of exercise during pregnancy
2. I'm losing weight. I was on the lower end of the healthy range before i became pregnant and have lost 5 pounds so far. I'm trying to eat very small portions throughout the day, anything more i just bring up.

thanks.

Doctor