Loss of appetite and Stomach pains in 4 yr old

Patient : My son who is five yrs old had surgery at four wks of age for pyloric stenosis, he has been fine until recently, everytime he eats he complains of stomach pain. When he tried to eat through the pain the other day he ended up vomitting. He has been eating half the normal amount he usually eats. He has No other symptoms has energy and plays normally, just complains when he is eating. Should I take him to a Pediatric Gastroenterologist? Thank you, Monica Rife
Doctor :   Your son's loss of appetite and stomach pains could be caused by several conditions. It could simply be a viral infectio n which will resolve on its own or something more serious such as a stomach ulcer. It is a little premature to see a specialist such as a pediatric gastroenterologist. You should visit your regular pediatrician first who may be able to appropriately diagnose and treat the problem. If he or she thinks that specialist care is required then they will refer your son to the appropriate specialist.