Loss of consciousness

Patient : 47 year old male loses consciousness. He is awake and sitting or standing, but it's like he's not there. Doesn't remember anything during episode. Gets goose bumps and gets clammy. Is happening quite often - weekly. Episodes vary in length, but 10-20 minutes or so. He won't go to the doctor!
Symptoms:  Loss of consciousness but walking around
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. This patient should go to the emergency department immediately for a full evaluation. The r epeated loss of consciousness that he is experiencing could be related to problems with several different areas of the body. This could be due to a complication with the heart and blood pressure, which could lead to decreased blood flow to the brain thus causing his fainting episodes. Furthermore, it is also possible that this problem could be due to a neurological problem such as epilepsy, or narcolepsy. It is very important that he is evaluated immediately as these fainting episodes could be a symptom of a more life threatening medical problem. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com