Loss of sensation in penis

Patient

Q: Couple of weeks ago while masturbating i felt pain on the tip of my penis causing it to return to flacid instantly and for a few days couldnt get an erection and it felt like sensitivity was nearly lost, nowdays it seems a lot better however often during the day i get a pins and needles sensation.I tried to masturbate again and it was quite difficult to maintain an erection, recently i had sex and besides not lasting very long i noticed nothing wrong and yet when flacid it seems like its not even there.Sometimes after peeing i notice a burning sensation . I havent had sex before my problems for over a year and i had used protection even then

Symptoms:  Numbness,burning, pins and needles
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read the history and understood your problems.
It is possible that you made some trauma to the penile nerves while masturbating. This happens inadvertently and should have caused the loss of sensation, sometimes the pins and needles as the nerves is recovering. This will obviously affect the happening of erection and maintaining it. Now you had tried masturbation ans were successful in having erection means the recovery is good and will be there.
Burning sensation after peeing is again a good sign that sensations are not totally lost.

I would advise in such a patient to consult a Urologist ASAP and get the clinical evaluation, physical examination and tests if indicated by Him.
Follow all the instruction as your Urologist gives you.

I hope this answer helps you.