x
Browse
176 Physicians Online

Question:

Loss of voice due to sickness

Hello. i am going on 4 days with no voice.. I was pretty sick last week with either a bad cold or a parainfluenza but no longer feel sick... should i pay the money to see a doctor or are they just going to tell me to wait it out and drink tea..?? I dont mind going if there is a useful antibtoic tehy can prescribe?? thank you.

Answer:

Your symptoms suggest that you have a viral laryngitis. This is simply an infection of the voice box which often times causes hoarsness or complete loss of the voice. As with most viral iilnesses, this should resolv e on its own without the need for any medications. It usually resolves within a week. If it does not resolve within this time then you will need to see your physician.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA